"Gaziantep'ten dünyaya açılan bir eğitim ekolü..."
Interdisciplinary studies bear great significance in our student-centered lessons. We aim at raising individuals who are academically well-equipped, read regularly, have intellectual profundity and self-confidence, can express themselves in front of a community and use Turkish correctly.
Our OBJECTIVES are to have our students …
- use Turkish correctly,
- love to read and assess what they read,
- write about their feelings and thoughts in a creative and effective way,
- increase their self-confidence about speaking in front of a community,
- become aware of national and international values and national consciousness,
- - become academically successful taking advantage of wide range of Turkish literature and appropriating grammatical rules.
We have academic, social and cultural activities to achieve our goals to raise a “whole person”. Some of the activities are as follows:
- Quizzes and remedial activities,
- Measurement and evaluation studies,
- Effective Reading and Creative Writing course for our students to express their feeling and thoughts in a written and oral way,
- Various activities directed at improving the students’ linguistic skills and activities about known but rarely-used words, word groups, proverbs and idioms,
- Our students’ taking charge in ceremonies (presenter, etc.),
- Five novels from Turkish and Western literature,
- Involvement in national and international competitions of poems, essays, etc.,
- Projects to enhance our students’ creativity and gain different points of view.
While bringing up individuals who can use Mathematics in the best way, question, have analytical way of thinking, have developed modelling and generalization skills, haves high self-confidence and are aware of universal values, we have our lessons using proper methods and techniques as student-centered and by associating the topics in Mathematics with daily life.
- become aware of national and universal values,
- organize and interpret data systematically,
- end up with correct results through reasoning,
- solve a question finding basic relations,
- think and research creatively,
- generalize specific concepts certainly,
- adopt the habit of scientific thinking and inquiry to find the result,
- adopt the habit of studying regularly and concentrating,
- adopt the habit of identifying a task systematically and logically,
- use Mathematical topics in their daily lives,
- learn and use Mathematical terms in the “Maths is Fun” course.
- Supporting Maths courses with visuals in the Maths Lab,
- Participation in the International Kangaroo Mathematics Contest (IKMC),
- Organization of the Traditional Maths League.
- Mind Games,
- Astronomy and Space Sciences Club
Science tries to explain the reasons matching the phenomena in the world, using scientific laws. Enabling us to find out the reasons for natural events and forecast those in the future, these laws show the superiority of science to other types of science. Accordingly, the Science course in the middle school covers the technological information that people develop to supervise and change the physical environment.
Our basic goal is to ensure that we bring up our students aware of scientific developments, changes and innovations and take part in this process in the world where science and technology changes fast.
In line with these goals, whatever their individual differences are, activities are carried out to bring up our students as science literate and to ensure that they
Our OBJECTIVES are to have our students
- understand the nature of science and technology and the interaction among science, technology, society and environment,
- use science and technology to gather information and create solutions in unusual settings they may encounter,
- behave accordingly by having them gain the ability to implement the instructions given for laboratory work,
- use the information they get in national examinations, assess experiment results and write reports for experiments,
- develop the belief that science is a part of daily life and relations among beings is understandable through logical thinking,
- gain the power to understand the reason-result relations between beings and incidents,
- develop analytical thinking, interpreting, making analysis and synthesis and reasoning skills and
- learn to take initiatives by taking part in projects.
- Laboratory studies,
- Encouragement and guidance to take part in national, international contests that assess scientific projects,
- Benefiting from 3-D and simulation,
- Class activities, games and practices for student-centered and project-based learning.
- The Inventors Workshop Club
- The Eco-School Club
As Sanko Private Schools has proven itself in getting up with continuously-changing world, we keep being an institution shaping education and thus future.
Learning outcomes have been determined from KG to the end of high school period based on the age group and measurement and evaluation procedures have been specified accordingly. This system is not only result-oriented but also provides an infrastructure monitoring the process and solutions when needed.
5tb Grade was started to be regarded as the Preparatory Class (the English Intensive Class) and the English lessons became 18 hours per week (8 hours-main course, 5 hours-reading and writing skills, 4 hours – speaking lessons with native teachers using story books in line with the stages) and one Mathematics in English are offered in the 5th grade.
Our priorities are “Listening and Speaking” in all the courses. The other skills are improved based on the English program. To illustrate, brainstorming is made before a writing activity and ideas are shared. Also, in another lesson, some pages from a story book are read and the characters, values, etc. are discussed and the lesson ends up with a writing activity if needed.
There are no lessons without the speaking skill.
The English lessons are 10 hours a week in the 6th and 7th grades and all the practices are same.
In the 8th grades, studies for the national examination are carried out and the institutional goals are achieved in the 10-hour English course and the JETSET preparatory process.
Our basic goal is to contribute to our students’ speaking skills, world knowledge and the skills sought in international projects while creating clubs.
2. JAZZ CHANTS
3. CREATING STORIES
4. BON APPETIT
INTERNATIONAL JETSET EXAMINATIONS
JETSET EXAMINATIONS are a set of language examinations approved by the British Ministry of National Education and having internationally validity in assessing students’ English language skills. This assessment system from Beginner (Grade 2) to Advanced (Grade 8) is for the students aged 8-15. Sanko Private Schools completed all the official documents and got the right to be the JETSET LCCI Examinations Center in the 2015-2016 Academic Year. JETSET starts in Grade 2 and ends in Grade 8 at our school. Testing the four skills, these examination are sent from England. The examinations are conducted with a great organization at our schools and the exam papers are packed on the same day and sent to English for assessment. Our greatest goal in implementing these examinations is to have our students undergo an objective assessment. Another aim is to analyze the results, get feedback about both our English education and our students individually, monitor their developmental processes and support them when needed.
JETSET EXAMINATIONS are implemented in the second week of May. Preparatory programs for these examinations are structured in line with our English curricula. The yearly plans include the missing topics and specific question types in the examinations. Moreover, mock exams are carried out for students to learn about the exam rules and familiarize with the question types.
The results and reports of the JETSET examinations are shared with the students. Furthermore, the results are analyzed by the Directorate of Measurement and Evaluation and the English education is structured in line with the feedback received.
Our students get their certificates including scores in four different categories.
-DISTINCTION 75 – 100
- MERIT 60 – 74
- PASS 50 – 59
- BELOW THRESHOLD 10 – 49
Literature Boards were hung on the walls on each floor all around the school for peripheral learning and to introduce English Literature and Culture. Tongue twisters, anecdotes, interesting information, brain teasers, riddles and poems are shared on the walls. Acquisition of English thinking skill is sought through this practice.
Success in all skills in a language is directly proportional to knowledge of vocabulary. For this reason, word pockets are made on the classroom walls for the students to use target words studied in all the lessons actively throughout the year. There is one word pocket in every classroom and the words learned in accordance with the yearly plans are collected in a written way in these pockets. Activities such as pronunciation, meaning, synonyms, antonyms, usage in a sentence and association of words are performed in the classrooms. All the words learned at the end of the year will have been collected in these pockets and revised with different activities throughout the year, all the students will have reached their vocabulary target by the end of the year.
ENGLISH CURRICULUM DESIGN
An English Curriculum Design process special to Sanko Private Schools was initiated in the 2015-2016 Academic Year to clarify KG, Grade 4, Grade 8 and high school graduate profiles, set and achieve the standards in English education. While designing this special curriculum, Common European Framework (CEFR), international English language curriculum, was regarded as the basis.
While forming the curriculum, all the vocabulary items, grammar, four skills and 21st century skills were designed and through which techniques these are taught was also set as a standard. Our curriculum design is still in progress.
INTERSCHOOL AND INTERDISCIPLINARY PROJECTS
Some projects were introduced for KG, Primary, Middle and High School students to share with each other, support peer teaching and contribute to the usage of English in other lessons.
ENGLISH SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS: Science experiments are organized for our high school students to present to the primary and middle school students in English.
STORY-TELLING: Our high school and middle school students tell fairy tales and stories from Turkish and world literature to primary school and KG students to support the Literature course and draw attention to values.
As in the Primary School and High School, German is offered as a second foreign language option at Sanko Private Middle School. It is two hours per week in Grade 5, 6 and 7.
Considering that knowing a language is not “knowing” but “using it correctly”, we aim at teaching foreign languages having fun, discovering and practicing in a natural process in the same way as the native language not as a body of rules. The activities performed enable the students to use German at least in simple structures. The students learn, understand and use frequently-used words and phrases in daily life in Grades 5 and 6. The students recall the important points they learn in the lessons when they have a chance to use it in their daily lives. Action-based activities are conducted to activate all the senses in the learning process taking the needs of age groups and various learning styles into account.
As a result, in addition to the group and dialogue activities, students are given a chance to choose from a variety of activities. Thus, the students take part in the lesson actively and become aware of their learning processes. The students acquire four basic language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing) in accordance with the standards set in the EU language criteria. At the end of the middle school, the students can …
- write short personal messages,
- introduce themselves and answer the questions about themselves,
- ask and answer simple questions concerning the topics about themselves,
- formulate or respond to the ordinary requests, demands and questions.
Our students can sit for FIT 1-A1 and FIT 2-A2 examinations certify their levels of language. It is an examination organized by the Goethe Institute, testing four skills and implement all over the world every year.
Spanish, the official language of 21 countries, is the third most frequently-spoke language after English and Chinese and the second in the USA. Furthermore, it is one of the official language of many significant international institutions. Spoken by more than 500 million people, Spanish is becoming more important and has become the second language taught most. For this reason, Spanish has been offered as the second foreign language and Sanko Private Schools since 2014. The aim of the Spanish course in the primary school is to arouse awareness about the Spanish world and form the base of the language. It is two hours per week in Grade 5, 6 and 7. The students learn new words, improve their grammar skills, and gain competence in speaking and writing. They both learn Spanish better and get to know the Spanish culture more through enjoyable activities.
- Introducing their families,
- Some animal names,
- Common adjectives,
- Information about Spain,
- Introducing parts of a house,
- Introducing the belongings,
- Common verbs
“Culture Days” is organized at the end of year to introduce the cultures of the three languages taught at our school (English, German and Spanish) and ensure that they are used in different settings.
Culture Days Activities:
- Poem Performances
- Station Activities
- Garden Games
- Club Presentations
- Drama shows
- Costume Fest
Educational programs oriented towards using and improving mental abilities are implemented in the lessons. Multiple Intelligence, constructive approach, interdisciplinary studies and usage of technology are of high importance. Our department aims at raising secular, democratic and modern individuals who know and protect local and universal values, care about future, research, know their rights and liabilities.
- make a connection between past and present and see into the significance of unity,
- adopt Ataturk’s principles and reforms,
- see into the position of the Turkish nation in the development of world culture and civilization and service to humanity,
- learn about world culture,
- analyze political, economic and cultural interactions of societies at different periods and, locations and make deductions about the reflections of these interactions on today’s world,
- comprehend the importance of basic values such as peace, tolerance, mutual understanding and human rights and become sensitive about their development and
- adhere to their cultural values and interact with different cultures.
- Morning assemblies to improve the ability to talk in front of a community,
- In-class Activities to improve research and presentation skills,
- Involvement in ceremonies,
- Organization of conferences about current events and meeting competent people,
- Visits to historical places and museums,
- Activities to create awareness about environment,
- Organization of social responsibility projects to improve the sense of cooperation and come up with solutions to the problems of the society.
- The Photography Club
- The Science and Research Club
Our goal is to teach individual good and bad, correct and incorrect and bring up students with social ethics who love their country and nation.
- learn universal admonitions of religions,
- learn the basics of faith,
- learn what worship is and types of worship,
- adopt social ethics and learn the social ethics according to our religion,
- get to know and love our Prophet and try to transfer the Prophet’s way of life to his own life,
- be devoted to our nation and have consciousness of national identity,
- learn the religion correctly and keep away from superstitious ideas,
- know that the religion attaches importance to and supports science.
- Ensuring the correct way of performing the prayer,
The definition of “an education person” has changed a lot. In our information society, an educated person is defined as the one keeping up with technological changes, practicing them in his/her life, interrogating and improving them. As the Department of Information and Communication Technologies, our goal is to bring up individuals who can use technology in the best manner and direct them in line with its goal.
- to raise well-equipped individuals,
- ensure that our students access to and use information easily,
- use technology in accordance with their goals without getting lost in technology,
- have our students gain the ability to make analysis and solve problems through the algorithm they learn and
- bring up individual who do not only use but also improve technology,
- We ensure that our students practice what they learn theoretically and make knowledge permanent.
- The Information Technologies Club
The Department of Physical Education sets sight on students’ physical, mental and emotional development through its activities. It seeks our students’ acquisition of social, emotional manners and behaviors in addition to sports skills development. The students are introduced various branches and sports rules and skills are taught to ensure their development and to turn sports into lifestyle. Our students grasp the relationship of sports activities with health while doing sports and having good time at the same time.
Among the target behaviors are training in cooperation, solidarity and taking responsibility, obeying the leader and leading, playing friendly, struggling, celebrating the winner, admitting loss, using and protecting school materials and adopting the manners and behaviors necessitated by democratic life.
Apart from the PE courses held two hours per week, club activities for table tennis, swimming, basketball, athletics, football, court tennis and volleyball are led by expert PE teachers and trainers.
The students with special talent are chosen to the school teams after the ability survey implemented by the PE teachers and expert academicians.
This Talent Survey is conducted in two main parts: General sports talent and special sports talent.
In General Sports Talent Tests, basic motor qualities (power, speed, durability, coordination, flexibility) measurement and grading are performed.
Special Sports Talent Tests are a system in which basketball, swimming, volleyball, court tennis and table tennis criteria and qualities are graded.
The Talent Selection Committee is a big commission in which 12 PE teachers and academicians are included.
Our OBJECTIVE is to raise individuals who …
- pay attention to teamwork, solidarity, sharing, socialization and sense of responsibility,
- celebrate the winner and admit loss,
- use time effectively,
- have improved mental durability and self-confidence,
- find creative solutions for sudden decisions,
- are aware of maintaining their bodies healthy and fit through exercises,
- comprehend the significance of balanced diet to become healthy individuals and
- can practice first-aid information.
- Training for sports branches accompanied by expert trainers and teachers every day .
- Social activity clubs.
- Skiing camps, athlete development camp, summer camp and camp training held every year.
- Our own sports team’s activities in addition to the school teams.
- Seminars about nutrition and physical activities.
- Sports activities for lifelong sports and health.
- Raising athletes chosen consciously through scientific measurement rather than random success thanks to the talent selection.
- Branch training and rotations in the PE and sports courses.
- Individual training.
- Detecting our students’ weakness, getting feedback, taking precautions and exercising.
SOCIAL ACTIVITY CLUBS
- Basketball Club
- Football Club
- Swimming Club
- Table Tennis Club
- Volleyball Club
AIMS OF THE SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
- To have individuals socialize.
- To ensure that individuals act altogether and in accord.
- To ensure individuals’ social and emotional development.
- To arouse the consciousness of positive effect of sports activities on academic achievement.
- To have the individuals adopt the ability to exercise which protects and improves health.
To ensure the students’ thinking fast.
To improve the students’ ability to decide correctly and fast. To enhance the students’ quality of life.
To have the students relax and feel vigorous.
- To have individuals gain calmness.
- To enhance brain and muscle coordination.
- To have individual relax psychologically after intensive school period.
- To enhance flexibility and the whole muscle power.
- To organize the individuals’ mental motivation processes for their academic life through spiritual imagery.
- To teach how to act as a group thanks to teamwork.
- To enhance overall durability.
- To develop stress management and ability to cope with stress.
- To ensure the adoption of the habit of exercising for the circulatory system work more regularly.
- No element of violence and enhance kindness.
- Development of sense of cooperation.
- To teach how to use time effectively.
- To enhance the individuals’ sense of responsibility.
- To have the students gain static and dynamic balance skills for balanced body development.
- To develop the coordination of hands, arms and eyes.
- To bring reflexes closer to the light speed
- To enhance the students’ ability to think fast.
- To enhance the students’ ability to do tactics and make plans.
- To teach “never give up!”.
- To improve the power of distinction.
- To enhance the ability to decide alone as it an individual sports.
- To have the students gain balance.
- To empower muscles.
- To help get in shape and lose weight.
- To develop sense of tolerance and politeness.
- To gain the ability to think and decide fast.
- To enhance durability.
- To have the students do sports steadily.
- To have the students gain sports discipline and a vision of world.
Adopting “the whole person” value, the Arts Department conducts its activities from KG to the end of high school in order to ensure that all the students benefit from all the branches of art. We want our students to learn each branch by experiencing it in our department, consisting of Music, Creative Drama, Fold Dances and Visual Arts. We also ensure that our students are guided in line with the scales used in all the branches of art.
Our OBJECTIVES are to have our students ...
- be engaged in one of the branches of art professionally.
- study process-based rather than the result-based.
- be guided in line with the scales.
- internalize the branches of art they are engaged in.
- become aware of world art culture.
- know the artists representing our country.
- appropriate their artist identities.
- take part in national and international art competitions.
- read and interpret books, articles, etc. about branches of art.
- perform in front of community.
- develop an intellectual point of view.
Considering that process is very crucial in branches of art, our students are monitored individually and different instruments are taught in Music.
Individual Musical Instrument Courses:
Our GOALS are to have our students …
- perform at least one of art branches professionally,
- study in a process-based way rather than the result-based one.
Technology-Design is a combination of creativity and intelligence to enhance the quality of human life through scientific, artistic, engineering, economic and social activities. It is an attempt to do something better more quickly, more easily, more economically and more effectively.
High-level thinking abilities like noticing the differences, imagination, questioning, creative thinking, critical thinking and reasoning. The students acquire skills such as creative thinking and seeing 3D.