"Gaziantep'ten dünyaya açılan bir eğitim ekolü..."
The Department of Psychological Counselling and Guidance develops and implements guidance programs appropriate for students’ development period needs. These programs are prepared according to the characteristics of maturation stages that every individual goes through.
Psychological counsellors work on not only the students that face problems but all of them. The studies conducted in our department are directed at the students’ developing social skills and acquiring self-confidence and problem-solving skills. Moreover, we help our students determine and actualize their personal goals and lead them in decision-making. They are also supported about effective time management, study skills and academic achievement.
The Activities Devoted to the Students:
- Orientation activities
- Acquaintance activities
- Guidance activities
- Academic achievement enhancement activities
- Counselling activities
- Conference and group activities
- Activities aimed at introducing the school system
- Conferences aimed at the students’ development
- Skill acquisition programs
- Information through bulletins
- Cooperation with School-Parent Association
Guidance is the psychological assistance done by experts for individuals to familiarize with themselves, solve their problems, make realistic decisions, develop their capacities, adapt to their environment in a balanced and healthy way and thus actualize themselves.
Some of the important points in the definitions of guidance are as follows:
- Guidance is a process.
- Guidance is directed at individuals.
- It supports the personal development process.
- It is a process based on professional and scientific assistance.
- Knowing oneself is essential.
1. Guidance and psychological counselling assistance is not something done directly and unilaterally to an individual.
2. There is nothing like feeling pity, favoring, taking him/her under wings on the basis of guidance and psychological counselling.
3. Guidance and psychological counselling does not only care the emotional aspect of an individual.
4. All the methods and techniques employed in guidance and psychological counselling are only means.
5. Guidance and psychological counselling is not an academic topic or lesson from the point of the individual who receives this help.
6. Guidance is not a task of discipline; guidance does not judge and punish.
7. Guidance and psychological counselling does not have a magic power to solve any kind of problem at once.